You’ll block or redirect a site settings that are using your firewall or router. But did you know you can block or redirect internet sites Active that is using Directory solutions (DNS) too? Just make use of these actions.
This guide assumes you’ve got Administrator legal rights in your Active Environment that is directory use of Microsoft Management Console.
Producing Ahead Lookup Zone
- Choose “Start“, type “mmc.exe“, then push “Enter“.
- The Microsoft Management Console seems. Choose “File” > “Add/Remove Snap In…“.
- Add the “DNS” snap in, then select “OK“
- Select “DNS” in the remaining pane. You ought to be prompted to “Connect to DNS Server“. Choose “This computer” if you’re logged to the DNS host, or select “The following computer” and go into the domain title or internet protocol address regarding the DNS server you wish to connect with. Choose “OK” when you’re done.
- Now expand the host title under DNS and right-click “Forward Lookup Zones” and select “New Zone“.
- This new Zone Wizard appears. Choose “Next”.
- Choose “Primary Zone“, then select “Next“.
- Choose “To all DNS servers operating on domain controllers in this domain“, select“Next“ then.
- The URL for the website you wish to block (i.e for the “Zone name“, type. facebook.com, reddit.com, etc.), then select “Next“.
- Select “Do not allow powerful updates“, then select “Next” > “Finish“. You now have actually set a Forward Lookup Zone that may “take over” any requests compared to that domain on your own system.
Note: it might devote some time with this environment to propagate to customers. You might want to restart, or use the/flushdns that are ipconfig to be sure DNS questions aren’t cached by any means.
Redirecting the URL
If you’d like to redirect the Address to a different Address, you need to use these actions: